Powerapps for Expense Management
Managing employee expense claims is always difficult.
For most business expense claims is a manual process and the time and effort involved can be exhausting:
- Emails with pdf attachments being emailed to people all over the office;
- No one ever knows where the requests are up to – have they been approved? Is it with the accounts team? Resulting in lots of follow up emails;
- Receipts stapled to paper requests sitting on people’s desks;
- Accounts team never knows what expenses are out there;
- Lots of manual re-keying of data;
- Someone has to store all the paper records;
Now with COVID 19, expense claim processes are even harder!
Another solution is expensive apps like Concur that have monthly per user costs.
How does the App help?
- Easy for employees to find out what stage their request is at without emailing or calling anyone;
- Employees create requests on their mobile phone, and take a photo of their receipts;
- Approvers can approve (or reject) claim quickly from an email request on their phone – only two clicks required;
- Accounts team can view all details of the expense claims at any time and are notified when expense claim is approved;
- Only 5 informative emails sent in entire process – easy to read, and easy to action.
What’s the solution?
A Microsoft Power App that enables employees to submit expense claims via their mobile phone. The app also uses Microsoft Power Automate to run a workflow that automatically enables manager approval and notifications.
- No additional licensing costs as Power App and Power Automate are already included in your Office 365 licenses;
- Cost effective and easy to implement – 1-2 days to configure into your Office 365 environment(cost of $3000 ex GST plus T and M if any additional integration is required )
- Secure– as it is integrated with your Azure AD tenant.
- Positive staff engagement – make the unpleasant expense claim process much easier and faster for employees;
- Finance summary report available;
- Records stored and archived correctly.
- Mobile- Powerapps natively supports all Android and Mobile devices
CSG Power Platform Proof of Concept:
Cloud Solutions Group is offering a Proof of Concept engagement to our clients to help you get started with the platform.
The purpose of this engagement is to obtain rapid value from Power Apps, Power Automate and the Power BI platform to demonstrate how it can digitally transform your business.
We will create a Power Apps, Power Automate solution using your business requirements and show how these technologies work together to give you a modern business application solution that runs on any platform. This Proof of Concept implementation can be expanded to your production environment.
If you are interested in exploring this or learning more about the Power Platform, please contact us today.