Overcome collaboration & mobility challenges with ‘large and complex CAD files’ in the Architectural, Engineering and Construction sector.
Architectural, Engineering, Design and Construction collaboration and data management as well as the management of plans, specifications, and drawings, can be a big headache for designers, IT teams and capital project owners with frequent or multiple simultaneous projects. Providing access and presenting these documents to users in geographically disparate locations, external suppliers, or joint venture partners is a must, as well as the requirement to control versioning.
Another significant issue is collaboration with designers and joint venture partners in other offices either interstate, overseas or when working from home. Standard file sharing solutions like DropBox and Onedrive are not suited to the large and complex file structures of applications such as Revit or Civil 3D and more vertical solutions like BIM360 and Newforma are siloed and expensive.
Some AEC organisations have attempted to solve this problem with cloud-based solutions like Panzura, Nasuni and NetApp Global File Cache. The issue is that these solutions are limited to branch-based caching solutions, which are redundant in hybrid working scenarios where users are working from home and having to access files via VPN into their office-based Desktops or into a Virtual Desktop. These are also limited and cost prohibitive.
It’s time for a change with a solution that delivers a laptop client based, caching solution. As a specialist IT services provider to the Australian AEC industry, we have identified these common challenges and have found a solution that allows you to:
- Have mobility to work from anywhere with a client device-based caching solution
- Get immediate access to your files from any location whether they be AutoCAD, Revit or SolidWorks
- Eliminate download and upload wait times and enjoy real time updates of file changes.
- Effortlessly keep assets in sync across your team for version control
- Collaborate in real time from across the globe and in remote sites (such as the WA or QLD mining sector)
- Utilise infinitely scalable cloud storage without huge cloud computing costs
- Work on any major operating systems, macOS, Windows and Linux
- Access documentation on phones, laptops or tablets
- Ensure all documentation is always encrypted and stored securely.
To learn how we can support your business with a LucidLink implementation, book in for a demo and consultation with our expert AEC technology team.
We have many valued clients in the AEC sector, including Woods Bagot, John Holland and Hassell.