Case Study – Djerriwarrh Community & Education Services
Cloud Solutions Group helps DEES transform and move to the Cloud
User login time reduced from 15 to 20 minutes to 1-3 minutes.
Vastly improved security.
Enabled ISO27001 compliance
Proactive Managed Service that meets their needs.
Immediate cost savings.
Improved user experience
Increased scalability and agility
Removed reliance on legacy technology.
Enhanced data resiliency
Azure Active Directory
Citrix upgrade - Xendesktop 7.15
Djerriwarrh Community & Education Services (Djerriwarrh) is a highly regarded not for profit charitable organisation which has been delivering high quality education, training, employment and youth programs in the western suburbs of Melbourne since 1989. Djerriwarrh’s Mission Statement is to ‘support individuals and the local community to learn, connect and grow’. Djerriwarrh works in partnership with the community, other community based organisations, participants/clients and local, state and federal governments.
Djerriwarrh is a Learn Local and Registered Training Organistion and delivers a range of pre accredited and accredited Foundation and entry employment level Vocational Education and Training (VET) certificates.
Djerriwarrh is based across multiple sites in Melton, Brimbank and Ballarat.
Djerriwarrh went to market in early 2020 for a new a Technology Services provider as there was a cultural misalignment with their current provider and their systems and end user experience had degraded to a point where it was having a significant impact on their business.
They are also undergoing a process of ISO27001 certification and needed a trusted partner to help them with the technology and security aspects of this process.
· Cultural misalignment with Managed Service provider
· Reactive service
· Degraded Infrastructure and systems
· 15-20 minute logon times for users
· ISO27001 certification
· Insufficient Identity and Endpoint security
Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery
Level 1 to 4 Managed Services
Multi Factor Authentication and Conditional Access
Application Whitelisting with Airlock
The process we followed was:
· Workshopped the clients future business growth plans and requirements.
· Assessed market options for Public vs Hybrid Cloud and determined Hybrid was best fit for the client.
· Designed and implemented an innovative Hybrid Cloud Solution with Backup and DR to secondary Cloud site.
· Mapped out their support requirements and collaboratively designed a solution and proactive service with them.
· Created a program of works for IT and Cyber Security Projects to help them achieve ISO27001 compliance.
The Solution Delivered:
The solution provided many improvements over their existing architecture:
· A Hybrid Cloud solution and Office365 with Teams for Collaboration
· Azure Active Directory – Multi Factor Authentication (MFA), with Conditional Access
· Microsoft Intune for Endpoint Management
· Citrix upgrade to Xendesktop 7.15
· Airlock for Application Whitelisting
The Cloud Solutions Group USP:
· Our vendor independence resulting in the right Cloud solution for the client- in this case Hybrid.
· Our Managed Services philosophy of; being pro-active, continuous improvement and always putting the client first.
· Our cyber security capabililty and experience with helping clients with ISO27001 certification.